February, you were filled with so much love. I will miss you.
(Also, Happy Leap Day! I wanted to create an awesome post to celebrate this day that happens every four years, but I wasn’t able to. Whoops. Ha.)
Love-A-Thon is consistently my favorite bookish event in this community because there’s just so much love and positivity! I loved talking to you all, and caps-locking. It has reconnected me back into the community, and that’s so wonderful. This event shows again how awesome this community can be. I’m so blown away by the many people who decided to partake. Keep the love, joy, and positivity year-round!
- I MET VICTORIA SCHWAB.
SHE WAS FRICKIN’ AMAZING. When I got to the bookstore, I saw her and quickly averted her eyes because that’s Victoria frickin’ Schwab! Gahhhhh. The event was amazing. There was never a lull in the conversation when she spoke. She is a goddess. I was just ajksdhahdasidhadadha, and couldn’t even speak. (I will try to write my recap of the event soon!)
Also at the event, I met Lizzie (aka @nerddelizzie)! She participated in Love-A-Thon a week before, and then a week later, we met at Victoria’s event! What a small world! SEE, THIS IS PROOF LOVE-A-THON BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER IN REAL LIFE. I was internally screaming because how it happened!
- I finally started listening to new music.
It felt like ages since I’ve actually listened to music that weren’t in my Music to My (Y)ear post. I’ve gotten back into Ra Ra Riot (who I loved in high school), Foxes, and Daughter! I’M JUST SUPER EXCITED FOR NEW MUSIC. WHEEEE.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
- Posion Is Not Polite by Robin Stevens
- The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
Thank you for the books, HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster!
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- The Case of the Murder of Miss Bell! (Murder Is Bad Manners by Robin Stevens)
- Boy or Girl? How About Both & Neither! (Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin)
- The Not-So Breakfast Club Shenanigans (Rebel Bully Geek Pariah by Erin Jade Lange)
- Living Past Graduation Together (You Were Here by Cori McCarthy)
- TOO MUCH TBR · February 2016
- Happy Galentine’s Day! · YA Friendships Like No Other
- Top Ten · Eight YA OTPs & Books I Enjoyed That Weren’t My Type of Book
- The Many Covers of The Dark Days Club
- The Beauty of Endpapers: Yay or Nay? (Obvious Yay!)
- February 2016 Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- Intro · A Jolly Welcome!
- Mix and Match Challenge!
- Bookshelf Colors Challenge
- Spine Poetry
- An Invitation to Tea
- Finale · That’s A Wrap!
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.