February was an okay month, but by the end, it just became extremely disappointing and sad. That’s life, man.
- The big news: I got a new phone! A smartphone! After four and a half years with my slider phone, I have upgraded! And my phone is beautifulllllllll. (Though I’m internally crying at how much I spent. Phones are expensive!) I haven’t named my phone yet, which is a shame since I always name my gadgets. I’m hoping it comes to me soon! It shall not remain nameless!
- Job hunting update: Much sadness. On Wednesday, I received an email, saying I was in consideration for this editorial position I was really excited about. They asked me to send in writing samples of past works + responses to the requests they made. Yesterday, I sent it in. Hours after I sent it, I received word I was not in consideration anymore, which really sucked because I thought I was a strong candidate. I’m hoping they change their mind, but I’m not holding my breath. I’m just moping around in my room. (I don’t want pity or the “there are other jobs out there” comments please. I’ve had enough of those.)
- The Book Blogger Love-A-Thon happened, and it was amazing. I spent the last day just shouting at people because of my excitement! Thank you to the always lovely Alexa for hosting it! <3
From the library:
Won from Tor Books:
Signed double-sided poster of A Darker Shade of Magic (Not pictured)
Thank you! <3
ON THE BLOG
- I reviewed:
- I talked about:
- After a successful first Epic Recs, Charlotte and I recommended each other Life by Committee and Unspoken, respectively.
- I did some sleuthing and found the font for the Tale of Beauty and Madness series by Lili St. Crow!
- I participated in the awesome event that was the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon!
BOOKS THAT NEED TO BE READ IN MARCH 2015
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio
- Omega City by Diana Peterfreund
- Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
- Murder Is Bad Manners by Robin Stevens