The end of August means it is officially the end of summer. Boooooo.
It has been a good month for me. And this past week has been totally awesomeeeeee for me – from being more active on my blog and on twitter to the events I attended. I have been filled with so much joy that I hope it continues into September.
In “The Three C’s: Candid Conversations with Cee,” I discussed:
My favorite friendships in YA and children’s literature
My indecisiveness when I go to bookstores
My bad habit of book juggling
In “Judg(ing) A Book By Its Cover,” I talked about:
The cover change of If I Stay by Gayle Forman
In “Waiting on Wednesday,” I wait for:
- My BFF returned from Japan for a visit and gave me the best present in the world! CAT BUTTS. (It’s so relevant to my life.)
- My BFF and I hung out and made some progress on our joint YA story. (I should be working on it right now. :P)
- On the 23rd, I saw No Man’s Land that starred Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Billy Crudup. IT WAS SO BRITISH AND AMAZING. And I got Ian McKellen’s autograph. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! He brushed past me to move through the small crowd. AHHHHHH. One of my best nights.
- My sister left for school in Chicago, which meant she gave me her laptop (which is in really good condition). I am excited because y’know, I was without a laptop since I knocked my old laptop over in July.
- I became obsessed with The Thrilling Adventure Hour podcasts, specifically “Beyond Belief” segment, because of Rainbow Rowell, who I blame. Everybody needs to listen to it.
- On the 28th, I MET AND TALKED TO SARAH J. MAAS! asdjwrjqworjfojsajsdj9wiepwqi SHE IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. I LOOOOOVVEEEEE HEEEERRRRR. I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I would be when I spoke to her. The reason might be because she is super friendly. And I can talk to her about anything, specifically Henry Cavill and Teen Wolf. (There will be a post in a few days (once I type it up).) And I bought these lovelies and had them all signed by Sarah –
DEFINITELY THE BEST, BEST, BEST NIGHT I EVER HAD.
How was your August? Was it as awesome as mine?