Dear Love-A-Thon participants,
We cordially invite you to join your favorite people to have tea and sandwiches and pastries in this Love-A-Thon fest. Joining your tea party will be a fictional character, a book blogger OR BookTuber OR Bookstagrammer, and an author of your choosing.
Paint the scene for us—who’s invited, where is this tea party taking place, what’s on the menu, and what you will be talking about.
For me, I have invited:
- Severin Unck, the illustrious and out of this world renowned documentary filmmaker from Radiance,
- Aentee, the Vietnamese-Kiwi blogger of Read At Midnight with “mediocre” talents in graphic-making, &
- Mackenzi Lee, the talented wordsmith who speaks about lots of awesome historical ladies and is author of This Monstrous Thing, a love letter to Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
The venue: Claridge’s! What better place than to pop up over to London for a classic afternoon tea? (Every list of “best tea places” I’ve encountered has Claridge’s on it.)
- a choice of 24 teas from all over the world (Black Tea like Rare Earl Grey, Second Flush Muscatel Darjeeling, Cloud Tea, Hand-rolled Ceylon; Green Tea like White Monkey Paw Green Tea or Steamed Green; or White Tea like White Silver Tip or Malawi Antler)
- a delicious array of finger sandwiches (like one with Parmesan sable, Quicke’s cheddar, apple & walnut or English cucumber, buttermilk and chamomile on white bread)
- freshly baked raisin and apple scones with Marco Polo jelly and Cornish Clotted cream
- a selection of sweet pastries (like a Vanilla custard, ginger and pistachio jaconde, rhubarb jelly; or a Dulcey chocolate choux; Coffee sable, Maldon sea salt caramel)
The topic: The wonders of Space and the mysterious things you find deep in the Universe when you least expect it, and as well as the many awesome historical ladies throughout time.
Severin will regale us tales about her travels in space like the dusty red plains of Sino-Russian Mars and the water world of Venus giant mysterious creatures living in the sea, as well as the many glamorous people who orbits her world. Mackenzi will captivated you with stories about fabulous historical ladies who proved time and time again that they are frickin’ awesome and everybody should know all about them—like The Mirabel sisters and Mary Anning, the fossil girl of Lyme Regis. Aentee will sing us odes of all the books she wants to push on me, which I believe is everything especially Catherynne M. Valente, and all the space + Australian awesomeness she has read. And me, the esteemed host, will just sit in awe at all these wonderful ladies joining me for tea and talk excitedly about the beauty of Space (*ahem* Firefly) + all the fascinating historical ladies who had their issues but their background is rich with juicy history.
We’ll drink tea and munch on finger sandwiches, and have a grand ole time.
If you want to be entered in the giveaway for this challenge, you have to link up here at The Novel Hermit! (If you’re not awake yet, don’t fret! The linky will be open until the event officially ends on February 22, so add yours any time before then.)
US ONLY GIVEAWAY
prize pack consists of:
prize pack consists of: