The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon, hosted by Alexa and Katelyn, is an event dedicated to spreading the love for blogs + bloggers! It’s time dedicated to exploring the blogging community, leaving a comment or two, meeting new friends and fostering positivity among the bloggers of the community.
Hello, dear friends!
If this is your first time visiting, welcome to The Novel Hermit!
I’m Cee, creator of this lovely blog where you will find a lot of discussion about awesome books, gorgeous book covers designs, and awesome fonts! Beyond my blog, you will learn that I’m a big sucker for found families (ALL THE FEEEELS!), comic book ladies, heists, tragic high society parties, Sebastian Stan’s grumpy face, Eyebrow King Lee Pace, typography, and plenty of other stuff I can’t remember at the moment.
I’m so pumped to partake in this awesome event! I only participated last year in the Twitter chats, and oh boy, they were so wonderful and full of love. This year, I wanted to partake in everything! (Most of everything, at least.)
Let’s answer some questions!
- How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I had a personal blog for a few years; it was an outlet for me to discuss my life and fangirl about TV shows, but I grew tired of it. I had wanted to start a public blog for a while, but hadn’t had a clue what it should be about. When I was done with University, I knew I wasn’t going to write as often as I liked, and decided WHY NOT CREATE A BOOK BLOG? I can read, write, and discuss books, and voila, the rest is history.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
The story of The Novel Hermit: it’s quite simple, really. I wanted something memorable, but it also had to describe me a bit. I love books, hence the usage of “Novel,” and I tend to retreat into my little cave when I read, which is exactly like a “Hermit.” And wham. The Novel Hermit was born.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I don’t pay attention to the genres I read, but I think I’ve read and reviewed a lot of contemporary books.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
You will find a lot of posts about book covers like cover changes and themes, typography, letters to authors and to books, and discussions about comic books (I’ve only done one post for that feature, but I’m hoping to write more!).
- Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Meeting people who share the same interests as me, and being able to talk to them about books, designs, and TV shows. Mutual flailing is the best!
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
Off the top of my head, here are the five I can think of: Simon vs. the Homo Sapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli, More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness!
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Lynburn Legacy! It’s a fabulous series by Sarah Rees Brennan with brilliant female characters, wonderful banter, an OTP you will stan 100% for, and gothic paranormal awesomeness. Hannah wrote a lovely post about why everybody should read The Lynburn Legacy.
GO READ IT THE SERIES.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Kami Glass! (From the Lynburn Legacy!) Forever and ever! That girl wins my heart. She has such amazing wit and sass and curiosity. She will always have your back.
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Watching dramas, comic book flailing, design + typography hunting, thinking about tacos, and ruining lives. All in a day’s work.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Ummmm, food? Fonts. Design resources. Dresses. Y’know, the necessities.
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Oh boy. There are sooo many songs that can be my song. I chose four that popped into my head because I can’t pick one:
· “Blue Afternoon” by Leighton Meester
· “Do I Wanna Know” by Arctic Monkeys
· “What Is Love” by Haddaway
· “As Long As You Love Me” by Back Street Boys
All are fabulous songs. Songs I can sing and (possibly) dance to.
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I would love for Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore to be a film. It’s a perfect book for that because when I read the book, I imagined the scenes being played out like in films.