After the whirlwind of May and June, July has been a pretty chill month.
Fourth of July was spent in the presence of awesome friends, drinks, and fireworks.
GOD BLESS! *SALUTES*
I had an awesome time with my friends—went to see a parade with dancing horses and candy throwers, drank mimosas on a beach, napped a little before heading out to see fireworks, walked so much that I felt like my feet were dying, and actually saw fireworks unlike the previous years.
Super productive Cee was on top of her readings.
Unlike the previous months, I’ve been on a roll with my readings and my reviews. It’s actually surprising, and actually the best. The last few books I’ve read have actually been good, and not super frustrating, which is what I really needed because it had been a while since I actually really liked the books I’ve read.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Taking Aim: Power and Pain, Teens and Guns by Michael Cart
- Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
- Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson
Thank you for the books, Epic Reads! [/column] [column size=”1/2″]
Thank you for the books, St. Martin’s Press! [/column][/row]
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- DNF · Why Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer Did Not Work For Me
- DNF · Why Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat Sucked
- Things You Will Find in Silver in the Blood
- What Topics Do Emmy & Oliver Explore
- Things to Note in Trouble in a Friend of Mine
- Eisner Awards 2015: Kickass Ladies, Saga, and Little Nemo Dominated
- Top Ten · Last Ten Books I Got
- Book Bloggers + Books Association Tag!
- Why I Want to Read Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente
- Comic Talk | Getting Inside the Pages of the Bat-Universe
- Here We Go, ARC August! — I decided to tackle it!
- Top Ten · Characters Who Are Fellow Book Lovers
You must watch Oh My Ghost!
THIS. IS. THE. BEST.
Oh My Ghost follows Na Bong Sun, a chef’s assistant who is able to see ghosts; Kang Sun Woo, a star chef who constantly reprimands the clumsy Bong Sun; and Shin Soon Ae, a virgin ghost who possesses Bong Sun. They get into a lot of ridiculous and funny situations like Soon Ae, as Bong Sun, being super flirtatious and pervy with other guys; the looks on Sun Woo’s face when it involves Bong Sun; the banter between Sun Woo and Bong Sun; and so much more. Here’s a teaser to give you a taste of what to expect. (Sorry that there’s no english subs.)
I can’t even articulate the perfect explanation to convince you to watch it. Just look at these gif sets and tell me you don’t have the urge to start watching this wonderful show:
All the actors are fucking adorable in this. Park Bo Young (Speedy Scandal, Werewolf Boy) is a fucking queen and an A+ actress, embodying the timid Na Bong Sun and the loud virgin ghost Soon Ae perfectly. She’s always on point. Jo Jung Seok (King 2 Hearts) is super adorable when he interacts with Bo Young because you can see on his face that he adores her, and it’s amazing to see him break out of character. (Who wouldn’t?) Kim Seul Gi (SNL Korea, Surplus Princess) does a funny and emotional job with Soon Ae, and Im Joo Hwan does a great job switching from being sweet to mysteriously menacing. They’re all wonderfully casted.
Go watch it. It’ll be the best thing you’ve ever watched.
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write.
I’m gonna take another page from last month because I was incredibly productive. I hope I kick more asses in August! (Here’s lookin’ to you, ARC August!)