Today is one of my childhood hero/greatest person in the world/one of my favorite author’s birthday!
If there was no Daniel Handler in the world, we wouldn’t have his lovely creation The Basic Eight (that was rejected 37 times) or the infamous Lemony Snicket and his A Series of Unfortunate Events.
To end this post, have some wonderful Daniel Handler/Lemony Snicket quotes.
- Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.
- Writing a book is always a tightrope walk, and always feels strange — one must care about something so thoroughly, in an embryonic state, that one has made up to begin with.
- Eavesdrop a lot and take notes. It’s a way to begin to think about how the world around you is made of stories.
- There are many, many types of books in the world, which makes good sense, because there are many, many types of people, and everybody wants to read something different.
- All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.
- Wicked people never have time for reading. It’s one of the reasons for their wickedness.