Archive for December, 2014
Farewell, December. Farewell, 2014. You will kind of be missed. The new year is upon us, and I am not ready. NOT AT ALL.
- I launched the YA Book Cover Choice Awards because I wanted awards that are book cover-focused! And who is better to host it? Me. (Because I’m such a nerd for book covers!) I wished I thought of it earlier, because I know the awards will run into the New Year. (But 2015 will definitely be different! ;) ) The voting for the semi-finals is open. So vote for the covers you want to make it to the final round!
- I’m so excited because so many new projects and resolutions. Eeeeek.
- I have an official launch date for my special project—February 1st! I will talk more about it later, but it’s coming together!
- Charlotte is the best and sent me the best card everrrrrr as well as awesome Christmas gift that I totally love! <3
Instead of completely using all the questions Jamie provided for the 2014 End of the Year Book Survey, I decided to approach this survey a bit differently. I just want to break down the YA/MG/comic books I’ve read into different categories, and why you should read it.
BEST BOOKS I’D RECOMMEND TO YOU IN A HEARTBEAT
I will forever fangirl the shit out of these books. I’ve made it my mission to praise and promote these holy books because they are frickin’ amazing and deserve everybody’s attention. All five books leave me flailing my arms or feeling like my soul has been utterly destroyed because of the EMOTIONS.
We’ve finally reached the voting process! YEEEEEEEE.
Sorry for the belatedness of this post. I had meant to get it up right after Christmas, but I got sidetracked because y’know, family, the holiday spirit, and all. And then having to narrow all the choices down to ten and putting together the images and figuring out html coding, eeeeeeeeeek. But voila! Better late than never, they say!
I put a lot of effort in creating this, so you better appreciate it. ;)
What You Need To Know
- This is the semi-finals. (This will determine the five books that will make it to the final voting.)
- These covers were all reader nominated.
- Vote for the cover you believe should win each category because it’s superior and prettier than the others.
- Judge base on the covers. Not what’s in the book.
- You’re only allowed to vote for up to THREE covers.
- If you click on the pictures, it will pop up a bigger image. If you want a bigger picture, click on the links in the Google Docs poll.
- When you click on the category links below, it’ll take you directly to that category.
- If you have questions or need clarifications, feel free to ask them and I will answer. :)
- Voting starts Monday, December 29, 2014 and ends Saturday, January 2, 2015 11:59 PM PST.
- Last but not least, have fun! Share this with friends and force them to vote!
Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them…all at once?
Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
First sentence: “I like to save things.”
This book sounded cute in theory, but what I got was a lot of frustration that continued to build over time. I swear this book was testing my patience.
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before follows a sheltered Lara Jean whose life changes when her sister goes away to university in Scotland and her love letters to every boy she’d ever liked are mysteriously mailed out. With her life suddenly out of control, she has to navigate the world by trusting her heart with the help of Peter Kavinsky, one of the boys who received her letter. And along the way, she learns more about what it’s like growing up and being in a relationship.
Guys, I don’t love this book. It gave me such a headache because oh my god, Lara Jean’s voice was sooo frustrating, and all the guys playing tug and war with Lara Jean grated on my nerves because she’s not a toy. She can decide for herself what she wants!
Seven Things I Would Tell Lara Jean from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
Inspired by What She Reads, Pure Imagination Blog, and Stacked.
I admit I’m a book cover snob. Who isn’t though?
Book covers are the first thing that attracts readers to a book. A good cover can draw someone is, just as a bad cover can easily draw someone away. It can essentially make or break a book. Holy, Mother Cover! is where I showcase the book covers that stand out (or make me cringe) and discuss cover changes.
IT’S ALMOST CHRISTMAS, DUDES! *flails arms*
And you know what I want to do? Show off my favorite snow covers! Because it’s almost Christmas. And no Christmas is complete without snow. (Well, I live on the West Coast, so there’s never snow. Whoops.)
I love fonts. You can say I’m obsessed with collecting them all. It’s no secret to those who know me. You’re Just My Type is a new feature where I showcase the fonts I absolutely adore and use. And hopefully, you will love the fonts I pick. Add all of them to your font collection! Let it grow!
I interrupt the regular scheduled You’re Just My Type to bring you glorious holiday printables! Do you have gifts that need tags? Either with the person’s name or a “Merry Christmas” or a “no peeking”? Well, I’ve rounded up beautiful lettering ones that are completely free to use! Just download the pdfs, and off to the printers you go! You don’t have to buy anything except the paper. Life saver!