Brand spankin’ New Year! But yet, it still doesn’t seem like 2017 will be a good year.
My January was mainly filled with hanging with newfound friends, making regretful decisions, stressing about work, and buying more comics than I should be.
My name is Cee, and I have a comic buying addiction.
I just cannot not buy comics. The past three-four months, I’ve been buying a lot of comics. Everybody I know have been telling me to chill, but I can’t! These comics are my babies! They’re the only thing I like buying, ha.
Made terrible New Years decision.
I spent New Years with friends, and well…I drank too much, and for the first time in my life, I threw up and became a sad drink. (I don’t recommend it, ha.) 2016 really got to me, so I guess drinking on New Years was my way of letting it all out. I felt really bad that my friends had to take care of me, but I was thankful for having them.
Work stressed me a lot.
I think I spent half the month stressing and being bummed out about work because of certain changes I don’t like. It sucksssssssss.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Suburban Glamour by Jamie McKelvie and Matt Wilson
- East of West • Vol. 2 by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta
- Midnighter • Vol. 2: Hard by Steve Orlando & Aco
- Green Arrow Rebirth • Vol. 1: The Life and Death of Oliver Queen by Benjamin Percy and Otto Schmidt
- The Vision • Vol. 1: Little Worse Than A Man and Vol. 2: Little Better Than A Beast by Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta
- Faith • Vol. 2: California Dreamin’ by Jody Houser and Pere Perez, & Marguerite Sauvage
- Black Panther • A Nation Under Our Feet Book Two by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Chris Sprouse
- Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee
- Demon Volume 2 by Jason Shiga
- The Time Museum by Matthew Loux
- The Stone Heart (The Nameless City #2) by Faith Erin Hicks
- The Wingsnatchers (Charmer and Grit #1) by Sarah Jean Horwitz
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
Thank you for the books, Random House, First Second, Algonquin Young Readers, and Macmillan!
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Na na na na na na na na Batgirl! (Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee)
- I’m Not Ready For This (Life in a Fishbowl by Len Vlahos)
- 2017 BLOGGING + READING GOALS • Is it gonna happen?
- TOO MUCH TBR • January 2017
- SINCERELY, CEE • A letter from yours truly to Marissa Meyer & Wires and Nerve
- 2017 LOVE-A-THON • Sign-up time!
- MUSIC TO MY Y(EAR) | 2016
- FROM PANEL TO PANEL • January 2017 Graphic Novel Releases To Look Out For
- TOP TEN TUESDAY • Comics on My TBR
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.