I haven’t done a lot of reading the last couple of months. I’ve been in a terrible slump. No book interests me, and that sucks. That’s the reason why I didn’t post my December TBR because I didn’t feel like reading anything + I was preoccupied with work.
However, it’s a new year—2017 to be exact. Let’s hope I get back on the reading train, right?
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN DECEMBER|
|PRIORITY JANUARY READS|
My plan is to read these six books this month:
- Life in a Fishbowl by Len Vlahos (Reality TV! A girl’s life is broadcasted as reality TV because her dad is dying.)
- Lucky Boy by Shanti Sekaran (Motherhood, immigration, Berkeley, emotions, yes please.)
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katharine Arden (Russian folklore, so automatic YES I NEED TO READ THIS.)
- Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee (BATGIRL!!! MY LOVE! <3)
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles (Bounty hunter? Lowlands? What’s going on? I gotta read.)
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (Everybody raves about Caraval, so I gotta give it a try.)
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for January!