Another month has gone by, and we are a month away from the end of the year. :o Again, I have to ask: where had the time go?
- I GOT MY NETGALLEY RATIO TO 100%!!!! (I was jumping in joy when that happened because that was unexpected.) When I was trying to get it up, I mistakenly read Thousand Words instead of Torn Away (the ARC I requested) because I didn’t check which book it was, so that set me back a bit.
- Earlier in the month, I became productive-Cee, where I churned out three reviews in one sitting. Very unlike me, but boy, it was so rewarding to get it done.
- I RECEIVED A PHYSICAL COPY OF WE ARE PIRATES AKA THE BOOK I WAS DYING TO GET BECAUSE OMFG PIRATES!
- My blog hit major milestones. I reached over 500 followers!! HOOORAY!
- I did not win NaNoWriMo. *cries* I just got sidetracked by other writing that I never went back to my Spy/Thieves project. I am so disappointed in myself.
- Remember my top secret project I talked about months ago? Well, it’s almost ready. I’m just prepping posts, and I can’t wait to talk about it. I’m aiming for a January debut. ;D
We Are Pirates by Daniel Handler (from Lauren Cerand)
99 Days by Katie Cotugno
None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby
A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith
The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher
Thank you for the books! <3
ON THE BLOG
- I reviewed:
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. I didn’t really liked it. It had a lot of issues that made me cringe a lot.
- Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown. Very thought-provoking, but missing that emotional connection.
- Torn Away by Jennifer Brown. I was missing that connection with the main character.
- Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando. I had to DNF this book. I felt too close to it to enjoy it.
- I talked about:
- whether reading challenges are really good for my health. Not so much with the way I’m dealing with it.
- the cover changes in Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. I definitely prefer the new cover. No more white space!
- the different book covers with birds on it. Designers like using birds a lot.
- the ARCs that are on the verge of DNF. I’m considering DNFing them all because I’m not feeling them at all.
- I wrote letters to:
- Mosquitoland and David Arnold. ROAD TRIP!
- I created a holiday gift guide that any typography lover will love. You will love it too! So much pretty!
- I gave thanks to all the authors I adore. They are a wonderful group of people I have the pleasure of reading.
- I screamed in joy that A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket will be a Netflix series. SO EXCITED!
- I participated in the Getting to Know You Blog Hop, where I was giving away More Than This by Patrick Ness and asked people to play two truths and a lie with me.
PLANS FOR DECEMBER
- Prepping for the secret project.
- Preparing for blogoversary.
- End of the year posts + recaps.