Today is all about giving thanks (and eating tons of food). I want to thank all my family, friends, fellow bloggers, and followers for always being there and creating an awesome community. I don’t think my life would be as bright and enjoyable if I didn’t have any of them.
Last year, I wrote a brief Thanksgiving letter dedicated to “you,” but this year, I wanted to thank the authors I adore, the ones who fill my life with awesomeness.
It’s kind of cheesy to say, but these authors cause heartbreaking emotions that will wreck you until you’re a blubbering mess, absolutely in awe and in confusion of what just hit you in the face.
- Jandy Nelson, because she’s the sweetest you will ever meet her, and her books will make you cry because oh my god, SIBLING ~FEELS.
- Patrick Ness, because he makes me laugh every time I read his tweets, and his books are totally out of this world. My heart is filled with so much love for him and his books.
- Victoria Schwab, because she makes me anxious for more of her work (I CANNOT GET ENOUGH), and she can destroy your brain and heart with just a single line (or y’know Guyliner).
- Rachel Hawkins, because her Hex Hall series convinced me to give YA another chance (all those years ago).
- Susan Dennard, because she gives amazing advice on writing and is just super encouraging. Plus, her friendship with Sarah J. Maas = adorable.
- Becky Albertalli, because she’s the absolutely sweetest person you’d ever interact with on Twitter. I want to send all the Oreos in the world to her. I know I will love Simon vs. the Homo Sapien Agenda when I manage to obtain a copy.
- Claire Legrand, because her first book left me slack-jawed and made me weirdly into the creepy, and that isn’t something that happens at all.
- Robin Sloan, because he wrote Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, a book that left me wanting more of these characters and the world and all these awesome things I love—books, San Francisco, puzzles, secret society, and typography.
I’m thankful to read their books and interact with them.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you’re in the US) or a fabulous day (if you don’t celebrate it).