October, the month of spooky, scary things. It was an okay month; I did find myself flailing around at so many good things and crying over how much I spent on comic related stuff (per usual). It was also quite devastating because of the Santa Rosa fires that destroyed so many homes and the air quality being shit. I just hope November’s a better month—hopefully better than last year’s.
I don’t have anything I can remember about October except being shouty about these things:
- Pacific Rim: Uprising + Star Wars: The Last Jedi + Black Panther trailers dropped.
I AM IN AWE OF ALL OF THEM, ESPECIALLY PACIFIC RIM AND BLACK PANTHER.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates and Jen Bartel are teaming up to bring us a Storm comic!!!!!
- I had makgeolli for the first time.
- I’m living my best life purchasing the WICDIV prints, Tea Dragon Society bundle (which includes a Chamomile dragon plush!!), and Jen Bartel stuff.
My poor wallet, ha.
- I also got a Rugrats sweater!!!!
UPDATE: I LIVE FOR THIS!!! (YES I BOUGHT IT.) #90skid pic.twitter.com/qFPdAHy9wX
— Cee ✨🔮 (@tnhcee) October 18, 2017
- I went to a friend’s surprise birthday party, which was at a beer garden.
I haven’t been to a surprise birthday party in like forever. And despite my anxiety about interacting with people I don’t normally hang out with, it was fun. I nursed ribs and beer the entire time, so I didn’t have to talk to anybody, haha. I did spill barbecue sauce on myself, and the waiter was very nice and brought me club soda to help clean it out.
- Jessie Ware’s new album “Glasshouse” came out.
It’s so wonderful.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Flash (Rebirth) • Vol. 1: Lightning Strikes Twice by Josh Williamson and Carmine Di Giandomenico
- The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by Gerard Way and Becky Cloonan
- It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
- A World Without -Whom-: The Essential Guide to Language in the Buzzfeed Age by Emmy J Favilla
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Thank you for the books, Bloomsbury and Wednesday Books.
Thank you Sourcebooks Fire and Christoper Sebela.
- The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1) by S.A. Chakraborty
- Hiddensee: A Tale of the Once and Future Nutcracker by Gregory Maguire
- The Girl in the Tower (The Winternight Trilogy #2) by Katherine Arden
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Bonfire by Krysten Ritter
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Do You Like Scary Movies? (There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins)
- God Save the Queen! (That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston)
- Checkmate, Barbie (13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough)
- New York, New York! (Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York by Roz Chast)
- FROM PANEL TO PANEL • ’90s Action Movie Dream Team (Kill Them All by Kyle Starks)
- COMIC FIRSTS • Jean Grey #1: Not That Jean Grey
- October 2017 Graphic Novel Releases To Look Out For
- TOO MUCH TBR • October 2017
- HOLY, MOTHER COVER! • Changes in Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw
- CURRENTLY READING • Lady Killers, Monstrous Creatures, & Magicians!
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.
You seem to have had a fun month. Happy November!