Picking up the pieces, that’s what September is.
My dad was finally cremated and inurned.
It took a while (the funeral home only does one cremation a day), but he’s finally cremated and inurned. He can rest easily now. My family are still figuring out things without my dad. It sucks, but hey, we’re hanging in there.
My big sis visited yet again.
This was the third trip my big sister made back home. Every two or so weeks. The first was just to visit since she hadn’t visited home in like three years; the second was because my dad was sick; and this time, it was to figure stuff out now that our dad is gone.I felt bad that she had to make another trip down (since she was essentially dropping everything in her life to help us). While she was here, she gifted me this sweet Batgirl figure (I nearly cried at the sight of it); helped me seal up holes in the kitchen; go through some of our dad’s old clothes; went shopping for good pants; and flailed about comic books. It was a productive trip. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
The Wicked + The Divine 1831 destroyed me.
The best decision anybody can make today is to get this one-shot of WICDIV 1831. Get it plz. pic.twitter.com/cJNH9oSKcg
— Cee ✨🔮 (@tnhcee) September 21, 2016
Look at these beauties! I couldn’t stop myself from getting both cover. They’re both so gorgeous. And the inside? Holy shit! SO MUCH LOVELINESS. I am incapable of describing to you its perfection; I can only shout words: Lake Geneva! Gorgeous prose. Stories. Frankenstein. Monsters. Fabulous art. THESE GODS (Imagine Mary Shelley, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and Lord Byron). MY HEART. SO PERFECT. I WANT MORE.
You should definitely read this. You don’t need to read the comic series to read this (since it spoils nothing and it’s a one-shot), but it’s better if you do for bigger impact. If you’re unsure why you should read The Wicked + The Divine, here are my reasons why you should.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Faith • Vol. 1: Hollywood & Vine by Jody Houser, Francis Portela, and Marguerite Sauvage
- The Bad Beginning (rare cover edition) by Lemony Snicket
- Finally! I regret not buying it the first time I saw it a few years ago! I found a copy recently at a local used bookstore, and immediately bought it.
- The Wicked + The Divine 1831 by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, and Stephanie Hans
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Target edition)
- I went to four Targets, friends. Four Targets to get this edition of Crooked Kingdom that had Kevin Wada’s art is on the other side of the dust jacket. I’m amazed by my dedication tbh.
- The Inexplicable Logic of Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- The Secret Life of Lincoln Jones by Wendelin van Draanen
- A Monster Calls: Special Collectors’ Edition by Patrick Ness
- Piecing Me Together by Renée Watson
Thank you for the books, Bloomsbury, Candlewick Press, and HMH Books for Young Readers.
- Mostly Void, Partially Stars & The Great Glowing Coils of the Universe by Jeffrey Cranor and Jeremy Fink (ARCs)
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Making Chaucer Proud (Sometimes We Tell the Truth by Kim Zarins)
- We All Blow Up (Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer)
- The Lewis and Clark Father-Son Journey (The Courage Test by James Preller)
- Jenny’s Murder (Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter)
- Blue Spirit Possession (The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano)
- No Thanks, Babs Yagg (Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter)
- I Am Not A Superhero (Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn)
- Plant These Seeds (Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke)
- September 2016 Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- READING WITHOUT WALLS • Crack These STEM Graphic Novels
- ARC AUGUST 2016 • Not Good At All
- TOO MUCH TBR • September 2016
- HOLY, MOTHER COVER! US vs AUS • Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- SINCERELY, CEE | A letter from yours truly to Neal Shusterman & Scythe
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.