Bay Area Book Festival + Sebastian Stan at Wizard World Comic Con? WHAT A MONTH. IT WAS THE BEST ONE OF THE YEAR! (Last June was crazy amazing, and this June is super crazy amazing. June is really looking to be my best month full of awesome events and people!)
I met Tim Federle, Jason Reynolds, Lauren Myracle, Stacey Lee, and Stephanie Kuehn at the Bay Area Book Festival!
Last year, I didn’t get to attend panels, but this time around, I managed to get off my butt and actually attend go to a couple at the Bay Area Book Festival. It was amazing! I loved seeing so many people out and about because of books. I went to two panels—one about writing for tweens and teens with Tim Federle, Lauren Myracle, and Jason Reynolds, and one about writing where you live with Stacey Lee, Stephanie Kuehn, and Elizabeth Percer. It was fantastic hearing them talk. I wrote a post about what happened, so check that out.
I MET SEBASTIAN STAN AT WIZARD WORLD COMIC CON, AND I’M STILL SCREAMING.
STILL FOREVER SCREAMING IN JOY.
I MET THIS DORK. I’M JUST—I CAN’T BELIEVE I MET HIM. IT FEELS LIKE A DREAM. I’ve been in love with Sebastian Stan since before Gossip Girls (LMAO), and oh my god. WORTH EVERY PENNY I SPENT. IT WAS MAGICAL. MY FIRST COMIC CON, AND I MET SEBASTIAN STAN. I WAS IN HIS PRESENCE. I LOOKED INTO HIS EYES. HE SMILED AT ME. I GOT TO HUG HIM. HE SAID THINGS TO ME. I SAID THINGS TO HIM, AND I TOLD HIM I LOVED HIM. EVERY TIME I LOOK AT THE THINGS HE SIGNED, I HAVE A GOOFY GRIN ON MY FACE.
I also saw Hayley Atwell (!!!!!!!), Evan Peters, Denis O’Hare, Billy Boyd, and Ray Park. (I somehow missed seeing Jewel Staite which I’m bummed about.)
I wish I can recount every single detail that happened right now, but I’m hoping to write a recap about it because it deserves it’s own post. (Y’know if I’m ever able to process that I went to my first Comic Con and met Sebastian Stan. Like holy shit!) Be on the lookout for that.
I finally received my ticket to see Brand New and Modest Mouse at the end of July!
YEEEEEEEE. Having the ticket makes it real. I WILL SEE MY FAVE BAND, AND IT WILL BE AMAZING. PLEASE.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Batgirl • Vol 2: Family Business
- Gotham Academy • Vol 2: Calamity (from the big sis <3)
- Foxheart by Claire Legrand (from Zoey <3)
- Snow White: A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan
- The Graces by Laure Eve
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- Compass South by Hope Larson & Rebecca Mock
- Romeo and/or Juliet by Ryan North
- Over the Underworld (The Unbelievable FIB #2) by Adam Shaughnessy
- Brightwood by Tania Unsworth
- Sometimes We Tell the Truth by Kim Zarins
Thank you for the books, Candlewick Press, Amulet Books, Macmillan, Riverhead Books, Algonquin, and Simon & Schuster.
- The Girls (signed) by Emma Cline
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard ARC
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard HC
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson ARC
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Welcome to Three Peaks (Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar)
- Tips to Confessing Your Love at Comic Con (The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash)
- To Be A Girl (The Girls by Emma Cline)
- COMIC FIRSTS • Free Comic Book Day 2016 Kids Edition
- June 2016 Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- The Compass Points South (Compass South by Hope Larson & Rebecca Mock)
- TOO MUCH TBR • June 2016
- US vs. UK cover: You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan
- SINCERELY, CEE | A letter from yours truly to Booki Vivat and Frazzled
- Top Ten • Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of 2016 & Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
- Holy, Mother Cover! • Changes in Under A Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
- Bay Area Book Festival 2016 • Tweens, Teens, & Writing Where You Live
- Summer of Sailor Scouts • Kick-Off Announcement + Book Tag!
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.
Have a blast at the Brand New/Modest Mouse concert.