Well, Summer is winding down, school has begun for most people, and more than half of the year is over. Just wow.
Kicking ARC August’s ass!
August was the month where I participated in an event that helps you tackle your arcs. Suffice to say, I kicked ass! I had a pile of 10 books, but only managed to read five (and start three others). I take it as a win though because I know how easily I could’ve not read any of the books I picked out for ARC August, being a mood reader and all.
I finally bought a fan.
Of course I wait until this month to buy a fan. It’s been very hot this month, so I needed to go out and get one. I went to four places to find a pedestal fan. Seriously the best purchase ever. I can actually sit in my room without sweating like I’m in a sauna.
Halsey’s album came out, and everybody was freaking out.
For very good reason too! I can’t stop listening and singing to it. It’s an AHMAZING album. GO LISTEN TO IT. AND REPORT BACK ON HOW YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH IT.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
Unfortunately, I didn’t receive any books this month. :( I did buy comic issues. But watch out for September because holy book galoreeeeee. I ordered a few books a couple of days ago, so I should be receiving them sometime in early September.
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Why You Need to Read Goodbye Stranger
- Not for Me, Everything Everything
- Everything You Need to Know About Still Life Las Vegas
- All the cheers + jeers for Anna Dressed in Blood
- What You Gotta Know About A Night Divided
- All the cheers + jeers for A Curious Tale of the In-Between
- Essential Reading · Books that Shaped Dave and Julia from Never Always Sometimes
- Why I want to read The Rest of Us Just Live Here
- Top Ten · Most Read Authors
- July + August Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- Music talk · Albums I’m Excited About
Killjoys fulfills my love for space + friendships.
What is Killjoys about: “Killjoys follows a trio of hard-living but fun-loving bounty hunters – Dutch, John, and D’avin– taking on interplanetary missions, chasing and capturing deadly criminals throughout a distant system named the Quad. They have sworn amongst themselves to remain neutral during a bloody, multi-planetary class war that threatens to destroy the Quad.” — Syfy
Reasons to watch: I’ll give brief reasons because I do want to dedicate an entire post to why you should watch this amazing show.
- It’s set in space.
- It has badass + diverse characters.
- Johnny and Dutch’s friendship are everything! Just look at these bbs:
- It has found families. (You see it in the Killjoys friendship.)
- It’s funny.
- Awesome action + very fun!
- I said you should watch it.
If you love shows about space, bounty hunters, + friendships, you should definitely watch Killjoys. Even if you don’t love those, you should still watch this.
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.
I’m gonna take another page from last two months because I was incredibly productive. I hope I kick more asses in September, and do more graphic novels/comic posts.