I can’t believe it’s the end of April.
Summer is upon us, and that is not okay. My April consisted of concerts, proud bookselling, and a store reset that fucked my sleeping schedule.
- I got to see The xx and BASTILLE in concert!
AND THEY WERE BOTH FANTASTIC!!! I have so much love for both these British bands.
— Cee ✨🔮 (@tnhcee) April 18, 2017
— Cee ✨🔮 (@tnhcee) April 24, 2017
For the xx concert, every time Romy and Oliver were in each other’s vicinity, I wanted to cry in joy. When Oliver kissed Romy’s head after she finished seeing “Performance,” my emotions were all over the place.
For the BASTILLE concert, everybody (including me) freaked the fuck out when Dan walked into the crowd. His dancing was also so ridiculous, but cute. I had a fabulous time that I had to buy a tour merch, even though I haven’t done it for previous concerts I went to.
- I handsold multiple books, which I’m super proud of.
I work at a bookstore, and I convinced a few customers to buy my recommendations, and those books include Green Arrow Rebirth Vol. 1, Star Wars: Darth Wader Vol. 1, Throne of Glass, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, All American Boys, and some other titles I can’t remember at the moment. It’s a really satisfying feeling when people actually buy it.
- I gave in and bought Funko Pops.
It all started when I saw the Robin one (from the Batman Animated Series). He looked so cute, so I just gotta get it. And then I saw Poison Ivy, and thought “my sister would really love her!” So I got that. And then I saw Batgirl and Harley Quinn, and went fuckkkkkkkkkkk.
- My store had a reset, so we moved hella stuff around.
I had to do an overnight, and whoooo weeee, I’m still tired (even though it happened this past Monday).
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Lumberjanes Vol. 1: Beware the Kittens Holy
- Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan
- Lumberjanes Vol. 4: Out of Time
- Lumberjanes Vol. 5: Band Together
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin
- Within the Sanctuary of Wings by Marie Brennan
- Skullsworn by Brian Staveley
- Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld and Alex Puvilland
- And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz
- The Spectacular Sisterhood of Superwomen: Awesome Female Characters from Comic Book History by Hope Nicholson
- Bodyguard series #1-4 by Chris Bradford
- 5 Worlds: The Sand Warrior by Mark Siegel
- The Fashion Committee by Susan Juby
Thank you for the books, Tor Books, First Second, Penguin, Quirk Books, and Random House.
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
- Solo by Kwame Alexander with Mary Rand Hess
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- Look to the Stars. Aim. Ignite. (Geekerella by Ashley Poston)
- Love Is Infinite (The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz)
- TOO MUCH TBR • April 2017
- HOLY, MOTHER COVER! • Changes in The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
- TOP TEN TUESDAY • Books I’ve Read That Are Unique & Made Me ????
- SINCERELY, CEE • A letter from yours truly to Mackenzi Lee & The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- CURRENTLY READING • Bette & Joan, Dead Letters, + Live from New York
- April 2017 Graphic Novel Releases To Look Out For
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.