- I bought signed copy of The Wicked + The Divine • Vol 3. – Commercial Suicide + had a wicked talk with the Valkyries at my LCBS.
My LCBS had signed copies of WICDIV and Phonogram by the creators, and of course I needed to get it! I grabbed myself volume three, and WORTH EVERY PENNY. I’M SO HAPPY THAT I GOT IT BECAUSE IT IS MY FAVORITTEEEEEEE. Every time I look at it, I shake in excitement. IT IS MY PRECIOUS.
While I went to get it, I fangirled with the Valkyries working at the counter over WICDIV, and they are seriously the bestttt! They fangirl about WICDIV like no other. They even have a tissue box with the pantheon symbols pasted on it and a whiteboard documenting how long they’ve gone without talking about WICDIV (which is usually at 0).
- I changed my twitter name.
No more to @thenovelhermit. Helllllo, @tnhcee. (It still startles me when I see that.)
- For four days straight, I was angry about Hollywood + whitewashing.
That was a fun four days, said no one ever. First with the Marvel’s terribleness when it comes to Asians (specifically Doctor Strange + Ancient One mess), then Ghost in the Shell + ScarJo, Death Note casting (I’ve been living in a rock and didn’t hear about it until recently), Max Landis white-splaining Ghost in the Shell. It’s all a fucking messsssss. I’m just really super angry about it all. I should not be surprised that Hollywood always fucks up, but I expect them to do better. It’s truly so exhausting seeing how Hollywood fucks up time and time again with whitewashing Asian characters. It’s 2016, but of course, we are still not making any steps in representing Asians in films (especially in comics/manga/anime-related things).
- ARC April happened.
It was successful! Look forward to a post about it in a few days!
Not much happened. At least, nothing I can remember. I am 90% sure I’m missing something big that happened in April because of my anger. Ha.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
- Also Known As by Robin Benway
- The Razor’s Edge by W. Somerset Maugham
- The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ODY-C #1
- Image Comics Preview Book
- The Wicked + The Divine • Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide (signed!)
- Phonogram • Vol. 3: The Immaterial Girl
- We Can Never Go Home • Vol. 1
- Giant Days • Vol. 1
- The Fade Out • Vol 1: Act One
- The Wicked + The Divine • Vol 2: Fandemonium
- Lumberjanes • Vol 2: Friendship to the Max
BORROWED FROM LIBRARY
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (not pictured)
- The Voyage to Magical North by Claire Fayers
- It Looks Like This by Rafi Mittlefehlt
- When We Was Fierce by E.E. Charlton-Trujillo
- American Girls by Alison Umminger
- The Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuval
Thank you for the books, Macmillan, Candlewick Press, and Del Rey Books!
|APRIL RECOMMENDED READS|
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- A Tale of Magic and Doppelgängers (Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan)
- Baby Didn’t Burn (Burning by Danielle Rollins)
- Beware of the Girl w/Green Skin & Grass for Hair (A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry)
- The Strange, the Selfish, and the ??????? (Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke)
- The Finest IRL Fanfiction (Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw)
- The Juvenilia of Jesse T. Serrano for His Loved Ones (The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer)
- The Poisoning at Fallingford (Poison Is Not Polite by Robin Stevens)
- Wonder Woman to the Rescue! (Wonder Woman at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee)
- In Pursuit of Giant Robots (Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel)
- What do you call a city with no name? (The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks)
- Image Expo • Future Image Comics Releases
- COMIC FIRSTS | Archie, Spider-Gwen, & An Outcast
- March & April 2016 Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- TOO MUCH TBR · April 2016
- NEFARIOUS TALES • The Older I Get, The More I Appreciate Villains
- TOP TEN TUESDAY • Bookworm Delights that Warm My Heart
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
MY BIRTHDAY IS IN MAY!
18 days until my birthday!
March and April were months where I consistently posted reviews, and well, I’m kind of exhausted now. For the last week and a half of April, I’ve been feeling burnt out and stressed, which means it’s time for me to step back and chill for a bit.
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.