I am a scaredy cat. Specifically when it comes to scary or spooky subjects movies/tv/books.
I can’t watch anything without holding my hands over my eyes, willing the movie to move pass the suspense and put me out of my misery. (I always have my finger hovering the fast forward button.) I can’t read a book without peering over my shoulders or looking around my surroundings as if the monster or ghost will pop and scare the living daylight out of me.
I don’t seek out these scary things…but I somehow pick it up because of curiosity sake or it fits a certain vibe I like reading (*ahem* gothic creepiness!!!!)
And with Halloween right around the corner, people like to read and watch scary things. Some of the best scary books I’ve read are written for kids. For those who teach, or have kids, these are great ones you can introduce to your kids. (You’ll want to cramp all these books onto your “READ THIS NOW” list.)
In this post, here are chapter book series that are perfect for Halloween season!
- Araminta Spookie series by Angie Sage
- Case File 13 series by J. Scott Savage
- Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol series by Andrés Miedoso & Víctor Rivas
- Eerie Elementary series by Jack Chabert & Sam Ricks
- The Haunted Library by Dori Hillestad Butler
- Monster Itch series by David Lubar
- Saranormal series by Phoebe Rivers
- Spooksville series by Christopher Pike
- Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series by Charles Gilman
- You're Invited to a Creepover series by P.J. Night