Uhhhh, November. My “catch up to all the books I didn’t read in October” month. Can you hear the loud sigh coming out of me? I didn’t mean for my TBR to run away from me, but it did.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN OCTOBER|
Uhhh, my life wasn’t kind to my books or my reading abilities in October. I spent majority of the month in a reading slump because stress refused to let me focus on reading. It felt quite weird to not be reading; it sucked. From the eleven books I wanted to read last month, I’ve finished four of them, and started on three of them.
|PRIORITY NOVEMBER READS|
Currently reading: This Adventure Ends (this has been really delightful to read!), The Infinity Years of Avalon James (Still at the beginning but excited for the friendship!), and Rebel Genius (renaissance + art).
The other books I plan to read (*cross my fingers*):
- A Monster Calls: Want to be prepared for the film!
- Finding Perfect: Middle Grade about OCD with the main character into slam poetry.
- The Secret Life of Lincoln Jones: I love that Lincoln’s safe place is his stories!
- Jess, Cunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity: A trans story + friendship + roadtrip + learning about oneself, I’m in.
- Gap Life: What goes on during a gap year?
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for November unlike October!