Ahhh, it’s the start of the New Year, and that means a new set of TBR that needs to be read this month. Well, in my case, it’s a few books that you’ve seen in my December TBR pile.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN DECEMBER|
December was a rather slow month. I assumed that I’ll have free time because the holidays aren’t as busy for me and my family, but nope.
I had eight priority reads, and like November, I only read half of them: My True Love Gave To Me (a perfect book for the holiday season), Bitch Planet (awesome comic that gets you angry for these ladies), This Raging Light (wished there was more to it than lyrical writing), and Front Lines (a mountain of stuff to trudge through). I decided to put off reading This Is Where It Ends since I wasn’t in the mood to read too heavy of a topic.
|PRIORITY JANUARY READS|
- I’m in the midst of reading Firsts and Shallow Graves—both very entertaining books. I love how sex positive Firsts is. It’s not a book you often read about in YA. With Shallow Graves, I was instantly sucked into the lore and why Breezy has these crazy powers after rising from the dead.
- All The Birds in the Sky was a book I meant to start last month, so hopefully I get to it this month because holy magical realism! It sounds really interesting with magical powers + San Francisco setting.
- I’m seeing Susan Dennard on the 18th, so I gotta get Truthwitch read. There is so much hype with this book, and I’ve been avoiding reading too much about it because that can ruin my excitement for the book. (So excited for the friendships in this book!)
- Anna and the Swallow Man and Circus Mirandus are the two Middle Grades I’m aiming to read this month.
- I should get some February books read, so the books I’m hoping to get to are: Salt to the Sea, Rebel Bully Geek Pariah, Symptoms of Being Human, The Word for Yes, Riders, and The Girl from Everywhere.
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for December!