[note note_color=”#28375b” text_color=”#ffffff”]My Lady’s Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel by Kitty Curran & Larissa Zageris • April 3, 2018 • Quirk Books
Kitty’s Twitter | Larissa’s Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository | Indigo | Library
This scandalous chooseable-path romance novel demands you determine your own romantic adventure-and satisfy all your earthly desires along the way!
Endless scenarios of high romance, deep desire, and quivering…comedy await your tender caress in this chooseable path romance novel. You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of 19th-century society, the courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand…
* Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet, Sir Benedict Granville?
* Or turn the page to true love with the hardworking, handsome, horse-loving highlander, Captain Angus McTaggart?
* Or perhaps you will chase through the chapters a good man gone mad, bad, and scandalous to know, in the arousing form of Lord Garraway Craven?
* Or read recklessly on to take to the continent as the “traveling companion” of the spirited and adventuresome Lady Evangeline?
* …or yet another intriguing fate?
Whether it’s forlorn orphans and fearsome werewolves, mistaken identities and swashbuckling swordfights, or long-lost lovers and pilfered Egyptian artifacts, every delightful twist and turn of the romance genre unfolds at your behest! Prepare to open your heart, open your mind, and open-this book.[/note]
First sentence: “The course of true love never did run straight—and neither does this book. “
Are you tired of the heroine’s in your romance novels making poor decisions and picking the wrong guy to fall happily ever after with?
In Lady’s Choosing, you get to choose your own destiny. Congrats, you are the heroine—a woman of eight-and-twenty who must choose a good match or else become a penniless spinster. A lot is riding on this, so don’t mess it up or your future’s gonna be fucked!
You’ve got your pick of suitors—do you go for:
- Sir Benedict Granville, your very own Mr. Darcy who can be high and mighty but full of that good bantering skills and a heart of gold?
- Or Captain Angus MacTaggart, your sexy and hardworking highlander who gives Jamie Fraser a run for his money?
- Or the mysterious and mad Lord Garraway Craven who could rival Mr. Rochester in his temper
- Or you become a traveling companion for the free-spirited Lady Evangeline?
- Or maybe something totally unexpected like the farm boy or the butler? (No, this is not a spoiler.)
Whatever suitor you pick, you’re in for the adventure of your life. It certainly was fun for me because I had thought my favorite would’ve been Sir Benedict Granville—I’m a sucker for people who can banter, and that was a skill of his—but imagine my surprise when Captain Angus MacTaggart’s story became my favorite, and not for what you think (I still do not care for Angus—for he is not my type). So damn delightful. It had me guffawing in surprise.
Every romance tropes you’ve ever read—the heroine is a lady’s companion for a mean old lady, the hero with a mysterious past that comes back to haunt him, people who are not who they say they are, man in a kilt, spies, a ladies man who falls in love, the heroine becoming a governess for a suitor’s son, and sex sex sex!—you’re gonna experience, but with a hint of humor.
The writing pokes a bit of fun at those tropes. The choices are funny because sometimes you either choose to stick on the safer route and not do anything crazy that’s befitting for the Regency times, but what kind of life is that for the heroine? You gotta choose the dangerous and slightly raunchy route that leads you to tearing your hero’s clothes off and getting down and dirty! That’s where the fun is! That’s where it’ll all lead to anyways.
Make the most of your choices. Go on an unexpected adventure. Figure shit out. Fall in love…or lust. That’s your life.
Should you read Lady’s Choosing? Yes! You get to become the heroine of your own romance novel and choose your happily ever after with Mr. Darcy, Jamie Fraser, Mr. Rochester, orrrrrr Lady Evangeline. Who will you pick and where will it lead you to? A happily ever after full of love or a dreadful ending full of heartbreak and loss?