April 9, 2021 • Cee • Discussion

World is opening up again. I’m still scared. D:

During the last week of February 2018, I pondered about what type of post to make for “Books in Hand.” At first, I planned to discuss all the books customers came in asking for or buying, but that’s a bit too much because everybody came in asking for different books, and I didn’t remember all of them. My boss showed me a way to check our store’s best selling books, and I found out what we sold a lot of! And that’s what this post is—seeing the top selling books of March 2021!

FICTION

Demon Slayer Vol. 1 Life After Death by Sister Souljah | The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller | The Promised Neverland Vol. 1 | Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

I Want To Eat Your PancreasLater by Stephen KingThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah | A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | Circe by Madeline Miller

Klara and the Sun by Kazuo IshiguroThere There by Tommy OrangeThe Midnight Library  by Matt HaigThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. SchwabShiver by Junji Ito

KIDS + TEENS

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera | Ambitious Girl by Meena Harris | Dog Man: Mothering Heights by Dav PilkeyRowley Jefferson’s Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories by Jeff Kinney | We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardguo | Claudia and the New Girl (The Baby-Sitters Club #9) by Gabriela Epstein | Cat Kid Comic Club by Dav Pilkey | The Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #15) by Jeff Kinney | The Cruel Prince by Holly Black | Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. RowlingLogan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club #8) by Ann M. Martin and Gale GalliganThe Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #15) by Jeff KinneyAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenThese Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

NONFICTION

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel RuizThe Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman | A Promised Land by Barack ObamaSacred Woman by Queen Afua | The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. KiyosakiBeyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life by Jordan B. PetersonThe Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter IsaacsonBecoming by Michelle ObamaThe Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. PetersonKeep Sharp: Build A Better Brain At Any Age by Sanjay Gupta, MDThe Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGheeJust As I Am by Cicely TysonDaring Greatly by Brene Brown

NOTES:

• Every bookstore’s top-selling books will be different from each other. This list is just for my store.
  • These books seem to be forever on the top-selling list: The Alchemist, anything Dog Man or Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck, You Are A Badass, The Four Agreements, the 5 Love Languages, and Milk and Honey. (Don’t be surprise if you see these books here or in future “Books in Hand” posts. People love these books.)
Were there any surprises? What did you think would be a top-selling book? What books from this list have you read? 

One Response to “BOOKS IN HAND • What Customers Bought in March 2021”

1. Interesting to see the Sistah Soulja books on there – I’m going to have to check out that series.

Leave a Reply