The 2016 YA Book Cover Choice Awards have ended, and we have winners to crown!
There are some expected winners and a couple of surprises, and a tie! Although the turnout for this year’s awards wasn’t as big as the previous year, I’m so thankful to every one of you who participated in the nominating and the voting. Book covers are the first thing that attracts readers, and to see the winning book covers that you—the readers—like better is so interesting to me.
Let’s see who came out as victor for each category! Expect delight, disappointment, and all the emotions with seeing your favorites win or lose.
Best Typography | Best Minimalist | Best Illustrated | Best Use of Colors |
Best Mixed Media | Best Face/Headshot | Best Use of Model | Best Dressed |
Best Couple/Duo | Best Group | Best Scenery/Landscape | Best Scary Cover |
Best Foreign Cover | Best Spine/Outside Design | Best Interior Design | Best Paperback Design |
Biggest Letdown | Best Series Covers | Best Overall Photograph | Best Overall |
Fun Facts |
It’s a tie!
|BEST SPINE DESIGN|
Here is a picture of the spine/exterior design: voila!
|BEST SERIES COVERS|
When I was putting together this post, I noticed a few things about the winners that I want to share with you guys:
- I’m so happy that If I Was Your Girl won “Best Face/Headshot” because the cover has a transgender woman on it. (Yay for representation + diversity.)
- For “Best Dressed,” Map of Fates was neck and neck with The Winner’s Kiss.
- Illuminae won “Best Interior Design” in 2015, and Gemina won the same category this year.
- Back in 2014, the Grisha Trilogy won “Best Series Covers,” and this year, the Six of Crows series won.
- Six of Crows won “Best Overall” in 2015, and Crooked Kingdom won the same category this year.
- The winners for the “Best Use of Colors” (This Adventure Ends), “Best Use of Model” (Exit, Pursued By A Bear,” “Best Couple” (P.S. I Like You), and “Best Scenery/Landscape” (With Malice) were clear winners since the nominations round.
At the end of the 2016 YA Book Cover Choice Awards, a lucky participant will win a copy of whatever 2016 YA book they want! Only one day left!
- This giveaway is opened internationally.
- It will run from November 10 to December 14, 2016.
- You must be 13 years (with your parent’s permission) or older.
- You will be disqualified if you pick up entries you haven’t done.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.