July is over. Rather strange to me, tbh.
What happened this past July?
- We said farewell to Google Reader. And we said happy birthday to America.
- I wrote only two reviews this month, which is such a shame. (I blame it on my reading/writing slump.)
- I started two new corners on my blog –
- “Judg(ing) A Book By Its Cover:” In my first post, I talk about the cover changes of Level 2 (aka The Memory of After)!
- “The Three C’s: Candid Conversations with Cee:” I talk about the reading and writing funk, as I call but others may call it a slump.
- I wait on these books:
- I participated in Top Ten:
- I hosted my second giveaway just because. ;D
- I broke my laptop. Not my finest moment. I’m extremely sad that it no longer works.
- I watched Pacific Rim. It is frickin’ amazing. I wish I can write an essay of the reasons why I love this film, but I’m pretty sure the essay would consist of aje9jopwerjeiajdfijsiodf9aweuitr9ew (incoherent sentences of me going into overdrive or me screeching). This scene was the final thing that convinced me to see this movie. (Note: the clip below is not the entirety of the fight. It’s been edited down to a minute. The one in the film is longer and so intense. It is worth going to see this movie. The tension between them, yes please.)
Also, I have the Pacific Rim soundtrack on repeat. “Cancelling the Apocalypse” and “Mako” are my favorites.
- I am sooo sad that I finished the first season of Orange is the New Black. I need the second season! (It’s filming right now!) Crazy Eyes/Suzanne Warren is my absolute favorite. Why? Go watch the show and see! (A reason: her recitation of Shakespeare’s plays during Scared Straight nearly killed me. I was laughing so hard.) I hope that we get to delve into her past.
I hope August is a better blogging month for me. How was July for you?