In March, my TBR was very small. Four books small. And the small TBR did absolute wonders because I read most of the books I intended to review and then some.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN MARCH|
In February, I wanted to read four books (and additional comics in preparation to meeting Chip Zdarsky), and well, my friends, I think I was pretty successful.
Book I read and finished:
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life: Brimming with love for these characters. There’s just so much love, and it’s so beautiful.
- Love, Ish: Quite sad, but sweet stream-of-consciousness-like narrative of what goes inside a 12 year old’s head who thinks of nothing but Mars.
- The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains: Lots of silly D-list villains I never knew existed!
Comic I read and finished:
- The Stone Heart: A fabulous sequel to The Nameless City. Shit goes down here, and my jaw totally dropped.
- ODY-C Vol. 1: The writing is absolutely spectacular. Very lyrical/poetic.
- Sex Criminals Vol. 1-3: Hilarious. I love when it gets all meta.
- Jughead Vol. 1: What a crazy imagination that Jughead has.
- Howard the Duck Vol. 0 + 1: So delightful! I love when the writers of comics make fun of superhero characters (and in this comic, it was Spider-Man).
I’m currently reading:
- Geekerella (Loooooving it.)
|PRIORITY APRIL READS|
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston (Currently reading this. Cute retelling of Cinderella with a fandom/cosplay twist!)
- If We Were Villains by M.L. Rios (Gives me major The Secret History vibes.)
- The Wingsnatchers by Sarah Jean Horwitz (Magicians, apprentices, one-winged princess, mechanical monsters. Oh boy.)
- Book Scavenger and The Unbreakable Code by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman (Puzzles, codes, sleuths. Yessssss.)
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for April!