Keep ’em short, and I’ll hit my reading goals.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN MARCH|
In March, I wanted to get six books read, and guess what! Four out of the six were read. Wheeee.
- Dress Like A Woman: Working Women and What They Wore: Gorgeous photos of working women and what they wore.
- Pacifica: Enjoyed the descriptions for this world because that is the world we’re heading into.
- The Price Guide to the Occult: WITCHES. I loved reading about Nor and her mother. It’s messed up.
- Radical Element: 12 Stories of Daredevils, Debutantes, & Other Dauntless Girls: Amazing book. These girls want to do more with their lives, so they break traditions and expectations.
Also a bonus Crypt Quest/Space Battles (Midnight Arcade #1).
|PRIORITY APRIL READS|
- The Oracle Year: Will Dando, a Manhattan bassist, wakes up one day with the power to predict the future. He and his friend set up a site that garners a lot of interest—both in intrigue and enemies. Seems exciting. (Especially since the author is a comic writer.)
- What To Do When I’m Gone: Full of a mother’s advice to her daughter of what to do when she’s gone. I’m so anxious to read this because I never want to think about this but I have to in the event.
- Demi-Gods: A disruptive and disturbing relationship between a girl and her stepbrother.
- Space Opera: I LOVE CATHERYNNE M. VALENTE. “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy meets Eurovision.” YES PLEASE.
- Rise Up, Women!: The Remarkable Lives of the Suffragettes: History about the British Suffragettes.
- Be Prepared: A summer camp memoir about Vera Brosgol going to a Russian summer camp. Oooh.
|APRIL BOOKS I WANT TO READ|
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for March!