April 4, 2018 • Cee • Discussion

Keep ’em short, and I’ll hit my reading goals.

For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.

Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!

BACK IN MARCH

In March, I wanted to get six books read, and guess what! Four out of the six were read. Wheeee.

I read:

Also a bonus Crypt Quest/Space Battles (Midnight Arcade #1).

I didn’t get to The Tangled Lands or A Possibility of Whales, but I will!

I also read She-Hulk • Vol. 1: DeconstructedArchival Quality, and Skim

PRIORITY APRIL READS

• The Oracle Year: Will Dando, a Manhattan bassist, wakes up one day with the power to predict the future. He and his friend set up a site that garners a lot of interest—both in intrigue and enemies. Seems exciting. (Especially since the author is a comic writer.)
  • What To Do When I’m Gone: Full of a mother’s advice to her daughter of what to do when she’s gone. I’m so anxious to read this because I never want to think about this but I have to in the event.
  • Demi-Gods: A disruptive and disturbing relationship between a girl and her stepbrother.
  • Space Opera: I LOVE CATHERYNNE M. VALENTE. “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy meets Eurovision.” YES PLEASE.
  • Rise Up, Women!: The Remarkable Lives of the Suffragettes: History about the British Suffragettes.
  • Be Prepared: A summer camp memoir about Vera Brosgol going to a Russian summer camp. Oooh.
APRIL BOOKS I WANT TO READ

Hell’s Princess Byron’s Women | Legendary Ladies |
Now A Major Motion Picture
In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It

The Beloveds Paris By The Book Animals Eat Each Other |
My Lady’s Choosing The Stupendously Spectacular Spelling Bee

Dread Nation | The Library: A Catalogue of Wonders |
The Phantom Atlas: The Greatest Myths, Lies and Blunders on Maps CirceSunny

Unbury Carol | Sophia of Silicon Valley Picture Us In the Light |
A Friendly Town That’s Almost Always By The Ocean! |
How To Write An Autobiography Novel: Essays

Leah on the Offbeat Dictionary Stories: Short Fictions and Other Findings |
Sky in the Deep White RabbitThe Landscapes of Anne of Green Gables

Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for March!

How was your March? Tell me what’s on your April TBR list. Have you read any of the books on my lists? Or are you planning to read them? 

One Response to “TOO MUCH TBR • April 2018”

1. Oh, I really want to read Leah on the Offbeat and White Rabbit – you know, whenever I get those. lol Oh, and Unbury Carol! You should definitely read Picture Us in the Light. It’s amazing. I actually have a couple graphic novels to read/review this month that you also have on your wish list!

-Lauren

Leave a Reply