July 5, 2021 • Cee • Discussion

Half the year has gone by, and fuck, man.

During the last week of February 2018, I pondered about what type of post to make for “Books in Hand.” At first, I planned to discuss all the books customers came in asking for or buying, but that’s a bit too much because everybody came in asking for different books, and I didn’t remember all of them. My boss showed me a way to check our store’s best selling books, and I found out what we sold a lot of!

And that’s what this post is—seeing the top selling books of June 2021!

FICTION

The Song of Achilles by Madeline MillerRed, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston | Circe by Madeline Miller | One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston | It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

People We Meet on Vacation by Emily HenryA Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara | The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid | Project Hail Mary by Andy WeirThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha ShannonThe Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila HarrisVicious by V.E. SchwabMalibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins ReidThe House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

KIDS + TEENS

They Both Die At The End by Adam SilveraShadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo | We Were Liars by E. LockhartSix of Crows by Leigh Bardguo | Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo | Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé | Dog Man: Mothering Heights by Dav Pilkey | Crooked Kingdom by Leigh BardugoWe Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal

Truly Tyler by Terri LibensonKaren’s Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novels #3) by Katy Farina & Ann M. Martin |  Shatter Me by Tahereh MafiSerpent & Dove by Shelby MahurinAll the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

NONFICTION

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel RuizWe Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi AdichieThe Hill We Climb by Amanda GormanSteve Kerr: A Life by Scott Howard-Cooper | The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk

Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner | A Promised Land by Barack ObamaBlack Girl, Call Home by Jasmine Mans | Sacred Woman by Queen Afua | The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis

World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony BourdainThe 48 Laws of Power by Robert GreeneLive Free by DeVon FranklinThe Bomber Mafia: : A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm GladwellRich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki |  

NOTES:

• Every bookstore’s top-selling books will be different from each other. This list is just for my store.
  • These books seem to be forever on the top-selling list: The Alchemist, anything Dog Man or Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck, You Are A Badass, The Four Agreements, the 5 Love Languages, and Milk and Honey. (Don’t be surprise if you see these books here or in future “Books in Hand” posts. People love these books.)
  • For the past nine months, we’ve been selling a lot of manga—so much that it exceeds the different subjects of books we sell. That will be in its own post.
Were there any surprises? What did you think would be a top-selling book? What books from this list have you read? 

Leave a Reply