Archive for December, 2015
I love fonts. You can say I’m obsessed with collecting them all. It’s no secret to those who know me. You’re Just My Type is a new feature where I showcase the fonts I absolutely adore and use. And hopefully, you will love the fonts I pick. Add all of them to your font collection! Let it grow!
Want to see a magnitude of awesome fonts? Ones that will send you into the abyss because you just can’t handle the beauty of them all? You will many awesome fonts that will remind you of all school video games, Scrabble, or Australia.
Go forth and add these fonts to your font book!
(Remember, when you download the fonts, look at the license to see what you can and cannot do with it. Majority of it will be for personal use only, meaning you can’t use it on stuff you’re selling. The ones with an asterisk* next to the font names are free for personal and commercial use. )
Oh, books, you won’t let me rest in December, will you? Here’s another month of Too Much TBR! Here is another Too Much TBR: November edition!
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Well, I think Too Much TBR will become a regular feature on the blog from now on. The upcoming months of reading won’t be very kind to me, but hey, I’m excited to read awesome new books!
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN NOVEMBER|
In November, I had six priority reads I wanted to get through, and unfortunately, I only got half of it done. I think I’m in a reading rut. :\
I did read Da Vinci’s Tiger, Things I Can’t Explain, and Until We Meet Again—the former two were okay, but nothing entirely memorable, and the latter one was so terribly cheesy. I’ve put A Madness So Discreet on indefinite hiatus. I keep wanting to read it, but my mood isn’t clicking with it, so I have to leave it for another time.
A priority read that I never got around to reading in October was Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente, and I finally got around to it in November. Oh my god, guys. That is seriously one of my favorite and top reads of 2015. I’m so blown away by the writing and the cleverness and the mystery. I’ve been trying to write a review on it for a week now, but I’m seriously in such a book hangover and I don’t know how to put into words the beauty of it. If a book makes me emotional just thinking about it, it’s a reallllllly good book. It makes me excited to read all of Catherynne’s works.
I am completely blown away by the support and excitement I’ve gotten for this year’s YA Book Cover Choice Awards. It’s true what they say, people like covers. ;) You don’t know how much it means to me to see all of you voting, sharing it and your excitement. It makes hosting this Awards truly rewarding. Thank you to everybody who voted and shared this! Let us do it one more time, okay?
What you find in this post are: 8 covers for each category + polls. Let the best become the victor?
Here we go!
What You Need To Know
- This is the FINAL round.
- These covers are all reader nominated and voted.
- Vote for the cover you believe should win each category because it’s superior and prettier than the others and fits.
- Judge base on the covers. Not what’s in the book.
- You’re only allowed to vote for ONE cover once.
- DO NOT CHEAT. DO NOT SPAM VOTE. I will be checking the spreadsheet for suspicious activity.
- If you click on the pictures, it will pop up a bigger image. If you want a bigger picture, click on the links in the Google Docs poll.
- When you click on the category links below, it’ll take you directly to that category.
- If you have questions or need clarifications, feel free to ask them and I will answer. :)
- Voting ends Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12 PM PST. (The results will be unveiled Friday, December 11 PST.)
- Last but not least, have fun! Share this with friends and force them to vote!