July was over so quick! Where did the month go?!
- I started a writing project that basically took over my life. I had to slightly change my Camp NaNoWriMo project, and it was for the best because now I am fucking in love with the world.
- For July 4th, I hung out with friends, and it was fucking awesomeeeee. I hadn’t seen them in a while, so we just hung out all day and walked around. (My highlight was definitely hearing a couple argue during the fireworks.)
- I bought art supplies for the new project I’ll be doing — lettering! I’m pretty excited. I have an awesome new sketchbook and pens and stuff (that came in today!)
- I started a bullet journal to keep organize and to get my priorities in order. It’s interesting to see what I keep putting off. *cross my fingers I continue with it*
- I don’t buy books that often (because I have no money), but I decided that every month, I will buy just one at a bookstore. (This may screw me over because I see book events in my future, but I shall try!)
Baron Fig Dot Grid Sketchbook (Bought)
Personal Library Kit (Gifted from Nina <3)
The Vanishing Season (ARC) by Jodi Lynn Anderson (from Epic Reads)
Born Illusion by Teri Brown (from Epic Reads)
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage (ARC) by Haruki Murakami (from Jess @ The Reading Nook’s Reviews)
Winterspell (ARC) by Claire Legrand (from Jess @ The Reading Nook’s Reviews)
The Cure of Dreaming (ARC) by Cat Winters (from Jess @ The Reading Nook’s Reviews)
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (Bought)
The Archived by Victoria Schwab (from Nina <3)
The Unbound (signed) by Victoria Schwab (from Nina <3)
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (from Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide and Bloomsbury)
Thank you for the books, my dear friends! <3
ON THE BLOG
I’ve read more books than I had the previous month, so yayyyyy. (Though it’s not reflected in my reviews. Ha!)
- I reviewed Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne, Half Bad by Sally Green, and The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch #0.5) by Victoria Schwab.
- I talked about —
- how names for features or blog titles are fucking hard to come up with. So much painnnnn.
- the cover change for How to Love by Katie Cotugno. No thank you to that floral wallpaper.
- the US and UK covers of She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick. Guess which I’m a bigger fan of!
- lens flare on book covers! It’s a gorgeous effect! THEME POSTTTTT.
- In a special Holy, Mother Cover for July 4th, I made the American flag with book covers, and it is fucking awesome!
- For Top Ten Tuesday, I listed all the TV shows I watch with awesome friendships. (I’m sure you know I love shows or books with an emphasis in the friendships.)
- If you missed my font posts, check them out here:
- I’m waiting on these books! (I need these books desperately!)
DID I ACHIEVE MY JULY GOALS?
I must reach 15k (or more) words for Camp NaNoWriMo. I MUST. YUP. I REACHED 15K! Read and review more books.Kind of? Not really? I’m slowly getting back into things. Read my ARCs on time.Ummmmm. More Sincerely, Cee and Holy, Mother Cover posts! GET BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR WHEN I WAS ROCKING OUT POSTS!No Sincerely, Cees BUT LOTS OF HOLY, MOTHER COVERSSSS. FUCK YESSS.
BOOKS I MUST READ IN AUGUST
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage (ARC) by Haruki Murakami
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson