Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list our top tens! This week’s topic is “top ten books I recommend the most.”
1. The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler
Everybody in the world needs to read Daniel Handler. Although the book may be predictable, it all seems like some inside joke that you will desperately want to know.
2. On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
This book will make you cry. All due to the friendships in this book. It will hit you in the gut. You will not regret reading this book, even when you are a crying mess.
3. Married by Morning (The Hathaways #4) by Lisa Kleypas
One of my favorite book out of the Hathaway series. The tension between Cat and Leo, *sigh*, and it was a pretty fun read.
4. Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Paranormal romance usually disappoint me. I usually bored by overarching plot and will often skip to the romance part, but this book, the plot kept me on my toes. And the romance, devoted Clay and a reluctant Elena, *swoon*
5. Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
This book read like a gothic young adult novel. Well, not really? It just felt like because of the gorgeous cover. With this YA novel, you can’t help but root for everybody in the story. I just wanted everybody to be happy.
6. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures #1) by Jennifer Ashley
You’ll be charmed by how devoted Ian Mackenzie is to Beth. He has a one-track mind, but is surprisingly charming about it. (I guess I’m a sucker for the male characters who are absolutely devoted to their lady loves.)
8. White Cat (Curseworkers series) by Holly Black
Con men, supernatural powers, what else do I need to convince you?
9. The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
Signs, horns, acronyms. It’s all an elaborate conspiracy.
10. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen’s books are always a must. (I didn’t want to put The Truth About Forever because everybody has it on their recommend list. Along for the Ride is the second favorite.)