Dear Erin Bowman and Vengeance Road,
Well, howdy, partner. What do we have here?
In the spirit of True Grit, the cutthroat days of the Wild West come to life for a new generation.Goodreads
When I read the synopsis of this book, I could not contain my glee. I’m so pumped to read this because:
- Kate sounds like a kickass character. She has a mission in life, and that is to get justice for her father’s untimely death. She decides to take on an extremely dangerous gang, and man, that is so brave. I can’t wait to see how she holds herself against others, whilst dealing with her grief.
- Kate disguises herself as a boy. I don’t know why, but I always love when characters disguise themselves, especially in the opposite gender. Maybe because I like the deception? That a girl is one-upping males. (It’s satisfying.)
- It’s set in the Wild West. How many YA books have you read that’s set in the Wild West? For me, not a lot! So I’m excited to read about the setting and the dialogue.
- Kate encounters a pair of brothers. I am so interested to see the dynamic between Kate and the brothers, and to see how they rely on each other. I just hope nothing romantic happens.
- Revenge is awesome. I like reading about characters who avenge their family. It’s just so awesome to see what they do when they put their minds to it.
- Hidden family secrets, yes please. I come a-running when family secrets are involved because what’s not to like? There’s something that Kate doesn’t know that may potentially change her whole life. Who knows.
I just need this. Who else is excited about this book?