Dear Becky Albertalli and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda,
I didn’t know all that much about this book until Jen professed her love for the book when she got a copy. And oh boy, when I saw this book cover, my interest level shot up. And guess what happened when I read this synopsis?
With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.Goodreads
INSTANT HEARTS IN MY EYES. This book needs to be in my hands pronto because of these reasons:
- It’s about a gay teenager! It’s absolutely wonderful to see that LGBT teenagers are getting a voice. They are not alone; there are teenagers out there experiencing similar things. And the world needs more of that.
- That book cover is insanely gorgeous, and I want it for my beautiful cover collection. It does look like something you’d find on a band t-shirt. I love the speech bubble that’s in place of the head. I can’t find anything wrong with it except the fact that it isn’t in my hands!
- Music is big in this book! I may not have grown up listening to the indie bands Simon Spier listened to, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the music. I love when music is a focus because it creates a great atmosphere to the book.
- I want to see how Simon deals with being blackmail. Having somebody hold a big secret of yours over your head is scary, especially when you’re in high school when you feel like your life will have ended before it even started and when that piece of information can potentially ruin people’s lives. It sucks to be at someone’s beck and call. I wonder how Simon deals with it. However he deals with it will definitely take him out of his comfortable zone, but I’m sure it’ll help him grow.
- I want to know this mysterious Blue. Who is he? I want to see his interactions with Simon, and how his relationship with Simon develops!
- Did somebody say messy dynamics? I’m there. I love reading about friendships, so I’m excited to see the dynamics of his group of friends pre-messy and post-messy. What happened to make their dynamics change to something more complicated? Tell me please?
If I get this book soon, I will be one happy reader!