The YA Book Cover Choice Awards (aka YABCCAwards) aim to honor all the wonderful (and not-so wonderful) book covers that were published in the past year. It will be nominated and voted by readers (à la Goodreads Choice Awards and the *Book Shimmy* Awards) for the best cover design in each categories.
I am completely blown away by the support and excitement I’ve gotten for this year’s YA Book Cover Choice Awards. It’s true what they say, people like covers. ;) You don’t know how much it means to me to see all of you voting, sharing it and your excitement. It makes hosting this Awards truly rewarding. Thank you to everybody who voted and shared this! Let us do it one more time, okay?
With the good, there is the bad: Cheating is not okay.
Every award must have a cheater, right? The day before Thanksgiving, I found a cheater. I unfortunately had to disqualify the cover from contention. There were a suspicious amount of votes for the cover continuously one after another (almost like spam). (May I note that no other covers were voted along with it.) I didn’t think I would need to say this, but cheating is not okay
nor is it tolerated here, and if I find votes for a cover that is cheating, the cover will be disqualified. That is not the spirit of the Cover Awards.
On the bright side, in the words of Charlotte
, “this is how you know your awards have made it.” XD
What you find in this post are: 8 covers for each category + polls. Let the best become the victor?
Here we go!
What You Need To Know
- This is the FINAL round.
- These covers are all reader nominated and voted.
- Vote for the cover you believe should win each category because it’s superior and prettier than the others and fits.
- Judge base on the covers. Not what’s in the book.
- You’re only allowed to vote for ONE cover once.
- DO NOT CHEAT. DO NOT SPAM VOTE. I will be checking the spreadsheet for suspicious activity.
- If you click on the pictures, it will pop up a bigger image. If you want a bigger picture, click on the links in the Google Docs poll.
- When you click on the category links below, it’ll take you directly to that category.
- If you have questions or need clarifications, feel free to ask them and I will answer. :)
- Voting ends Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12 PM PST. (The results will be unveiled Friday, December 11 PST.)
- Last but not least, have fun! Share this with friends and force them to vote!
Best Typography | Best Minimalist | Best Illustrated | Best Use of Colors |
Best Mixed Media | Best Face/Headshot | Best Use of Model | Best Dressed |
Best Couple | Best Group | Best Scenery/Landscape | Best Scary Cover |
Best Foreign Cover | Best Spine/Outside Design | Best Interior Design | Biggest Letdown
Best Series Covers | Best Overall Photograph | Best Overall |
Vote for the Best Typography Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Minimalist Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Illustrated Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Use of Color Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Mixed Media Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Face/Headshot Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Use of Model Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Dressed Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Couple Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Group Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Scenery/Landscape Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Scary Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Foreign Cover Here!
|BEST SPINE/OUTSIDE DESIGN
Vote for the Best Spine/Outside Design Here!
(*I wanted to make it like the others—where you’d click on the cover and a pop-out of the spine/outside design appears—but since I’m linking to other people’s pictures, I decided to link to their posts or Instagrams instead. That means a new window (or tab) will pop up. I hope that’s okay.)
Vote for the Best Interior Design Here!
(* There’s a lot of gorgeous page designs in Illuminae, so I just linked a few that caught my eyes. But seriously, soooo many gorgeous pages. It was hard to pick. If you go on the #illuminae tag on Instagram, you’ll find more interior design.)
Vote for the Biggest Letdown Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Series Covers Here!
*Remember to click on the covers to see the series covers. (When you click on it, an image of the series covers will pop out.)
Vote for the Best Overall Photograph Here!
Vote for the Best Overall Cover Here!
Things to Note
I do not own nor did I take the pictures of the spine/outside + interior cover design (except for The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Six of Crows,
). Credit goes to the people in the links. Thank you to them for taking them, especially Crini
who took pictures of the title page + the chapter headings of Winter
At the end of the 2015 YA Book Cover Choice Awards, a lucky participant will win a copy of whatever 2015 YA book they want! Yayyyy.
- This giveaway is opened internationally.
- It will run from November 12 to December 11, 2015.
- You must be 13 years (with your parent’s permission) or older.
- You will be disqualified if you pick up entries you haven’t done.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Did any of your votes make it into the finals round? What covers are you rooting for? Which do you hope will win? Remember to share this with your friends!