[note note_color=”#292D27″ text_color=”#ffffff”]Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand • May 17, 2016 • Simon & Schuster BYR • ARC gifted from Alexa <3
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository | Indigo | Library
THINGS FINLEY HART DOESN’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT
- Her parents, who are having problems. (But they pretend like they’re not.)
- Being sent to her grandparents’ house for the summer.
- Never having met said grandparents.
- Her blue days—when life feels overwhelming, and it’s hard to keep her head up. (This happens a lot.)
Finley’s only retreat is the Everwood, a forest kingdom that exists in the pages of her notebook. Until she discovers the endless woods behind her grandparents’ house and realizes the Everwood is real–and holds more mysteries than she’d ever imagined, including a family of pirates that she isn’t allowed to talk to, trees covered in ash, and a strange old wizard living in a house made of bones.
With the help of her cousins, Finley sets out on a mission to save the dying Everwood and uncover its secrets. But as the mysteries pile up and the frightening sadness inside her grows, Finley realizes that if she wants to save the Everwood, she’ll first have to save herself.[/note]
First sentence: “Once there was a great, sprawling forest called the Everwood.”
Finley Hart’s summer is not what she expects it to be.
- Instead of spending it with her parents, she’s sent to her grandparents’ house, a place she had never been and is full of relatives she had never met before.
- She finds that her forest kingdom called Everwood lives right behind her grandparent’s house.
- Her cousins join Finley on her adventures in the forest.
- She has blue days, and has to try to keep them locked away from herself and her relatives.
- She finds mysteries and secrets that she wants to uncover.
That is just a taste of what you can expect from Some Kind of Happiness. Everything that Claire Legrand has written will transport you to this magical world that weaves in the real life with Finley’s fantasical stories. You won’t be able to tear your eyes away from it.