WHY MAY WAS AWESOME!
- MY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYY.
- MY BEAUTIFUL BLOG DESIGN WAS FINALLY REVEALED! (Isn’t it beautiful!)
- I finally have internetttttt. Sweet, beautiful internet!
- My book cover feature was revamped, and is now called “Holy, Mother Cover!” (Thank you, Georgie! <3)
- I have really awesome friends. You know who you are (and what you did). ;D <3<3<3
Some other things happened, but I can’t remember. :P
I received a looottttttt of books and goodies this month because of my birthday! I’m not gonna share the goodies because for my eyes only! ;D But I will share the books I received.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (from my big sister)
Winger by Andrew Smith (from Charlotte)
Vicious by V.E. Schwab (from Chiara)
Landline (ARC) by Rainbow Rowell (from Jessica)
Tell The Wolves I’m Home from Carol Rifka Brunt (from Jessica)
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (from Jessica)
Sekret (ARC) by Lindsay Smith (from Kelly)
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson (signed) (from Kelly)
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (signed) (from Kelly)
Split Second by Kasie West (from Kelly)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (signed, but not pictured from Stacie)
Thank you for the books, my dear friends! <3
I also bought books (which you can see in my Nina LaCour event recap).
ON THE BLOG
I started posting on a regular basis (not every day though), but I’m getting there!
- I REVAMPED MY COVER FEATURE! It’s now called Holy, Mother Cover! It’s fabulouuuusss. For the revamp, I introduced a new section of the cover feature, where I have a theme and post five book covers I like from it. The first one was on gorgeous typography! The second theme post I made was on witcheeeesssss! (That one was special for Armchair BEA!) I also talked about the Perfect Ruin cover change, which I was not a fan of.
For Top Ten Tuesday, I showcased the book covers I’d frame on my wall as pieces of art! Sooo many pretty ones.
- I talked about how I used Goodreads, and I realize that most people do the same thing I do? I didn’t expect that. Ha!
- If you missed my font posts, check them out here:
- I waited on these books! (I need these books desperately!)
- I wrote recaps about meeting Rachel Hawkins and Nina LaCour. (Both were incredibly sweet and lovely, and I was all sorts of awkward and nervous.)
- I participated in Armchair BEA! (I was one of the unlucky ones who was unable to go to actual BEA.)
WHAT I WISH FOR JUNE?
- To get out of my reading slump. I miss reading. :\
- To start reviewing books again. I feel so rusty since I haven’t done it in like two months. Yikes!
- More Holy, Mother Cover! posts!
- Start requesting books (and that probably won’t happen until I start reviewing books).
*Cross my fingers for all these things to happen*
How was your May? Any memorable thing happen? Did you enjoy any of my posts? Are you looking forward to June?