August 2016 sucks.
My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer earlier in the month, and last week, he passed away.
The first week and a half of August was spent at the hospital, where the doctor was trying to figure out what my dad had. My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. My two sisters came to visit for a week each. Last Wednesday, he passed away. I’m not gonna go into the details. (I am incapable of keeping it together if I do.) It’s a sad time for my family, but I just wanted to let you all know why I haven’t been updating my blog or twitter regularly.
My family is trying to figure out life without my dad, and honestly, it’s hard. I’m so stressed and worried about our future. Hopefully, it’ll get easier soon.
|SITTING ON MY BOOKSHELF|
- The Trickster’s Tale (The Unbelievable FIB #1) by Adam Shaughnessy
- Over the Underworld (The Unbelievable FIB #2) by Adam Shaughnessy
- Brightwood by Tania Unsworth
- Secret Coders by Gene Luen Yang
- Secret Coders: Path & Portals by Gene Luen Yang
- Human Body Theater by Maris Wicks
- Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn
- Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History by Sam Maggs
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Tetris: The Games People Play by Box Brown
- Demon Volume 1 by Jason Shiga
- Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer
Thank you for the books, Algonquin, Macmillan, DAW Books, Quirk Books, First Second, and Penguin.
|BLOG POSTS GALORE|
- It’s A Bird, It’s A Plane, It’s Supergirl! (Supergirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee)
- The Moon Is Full of Tricks (The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill)
- Not What We Need (It Looks Like This by Rafi Mittlefehldt)
- As White As Snow (Snow White: A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan)
- August 2016 Graphic Novel Releases I’m Excited About!
- TOO MUCH TBR • August 2016
- TOP TEN TUESDAY • Books I’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card
|NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT MONTH|
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Comics, comics, comics.