The YA Book Cover Choice Awards (aka YABCCAwards) aim to honor all the wonderful (and not-so wonderful) book covers that were published in the past year. It will be nominated and voted by readers (à la Goodreads Choice Awards and the *Book Shimmy* Awards) for the best cover design in each categories.
This is the moment we’ve been waiting for—the semi-finals round!
Although the turnout for the nominations round wasn’t as big as last year’s, I’m grateful to everybody who nominated book covers. You are wonderful, and you are the people that keep this cover awards going. <3
I keep forgetting how tedious it is to tally up the votes (very widespread nomination), put the images together, and create the polls. Lots of copying and pasting and cursing Illustrator for being slow. It should get easier from here…I hope.
What you find in this post are: 15 beautiful covers (that you nominated) for each category + polls.
This is a lonnnnnnnng post, so beware of scrolling. ;D (Seriously.)
And once again, we begin. Vote! And then get your friends to vote!
What You Need To Know
- This is the semi-finals. (This will determine the eight books that will make it to the final voting.)
- These covers are all reader nominated.
- Vote for the cover you believe should win each category because it’s superior and prettier than the others and fits.
- Judge base on the covers. Not what’s in the book.
- You’re only allowed to vote for up to THREE covers once. (You can vote for one cover or two or three.)
- DO NOT CHEAT. I will be checking the spreadsheet for suspicious activity.
- If you click on the pictures, it will pop up a bigger image. If you want a bigger picture, click on the links in the Google Docs poll.
- When you click on the category links below, it’ll take you directly to that category.
- If you have questions or need clarifications, feel free to ask them and I will answer. :)
- Voting ends Monday, November 28, 2016 11:59 PM PST.
- Last but not least, have fun! Share this with friends and force them to vote!
Best Typography | Best Minimalist | Best Illustrated | Best Use of Colors |
Best Mixed Media | Best Face/Headshot | Best Use of Model | Best Dressed |
Best Couple/Duo | Best Group | Best Scenery/Landscape | Best Scary Cover |
Best Foreign Cover | Best Spine/Outside Design | Best Interior Design | Best Paperback Design |
Biggest Letdown | Best Series Covers | Best Overall Photograph | Best Overall |
Vote for the Best Typography Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Minimalist Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Illustrated Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Use of Color Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Mixed Media Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Face/Headshot Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Use of Model Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Dressed Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Couple/Duo Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Group Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Scenery/Landscape Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Scary Cover Here!
Vote for the Best Foreign Cover Here!
|BEST SPINE/OUTSIDE DESIGN
(*I wanted to make it like the others—where you’d click on the cover and a pop-out of the spine/outside design appears—but since I’m linking to other people’s pictures, I decided to link to their posts or Instagrams instead. That means a new window (or tab) will pop up. I hope that’s okay.)
Vote for the Best Exterior/Spine Design here!
- Crooked Kingdom: Map 1, Map 2, Details, Part
- The Dark Days Club: Endpapers 1, Endpapers 2, Details
- Gemina: one, two, three
- The Girl From Everywhere: Map, Chapter heading
- Nevernight: Endpapers, Title page, Map
- Stalking Jack the Ripper: Illustrations
- Summer Days and Summer Nights: Title heading, chapter heading 1, chapter heading 2
- Tales of the Peculiar: Title heading, illustrations 1, illustrations 2
- Two Summers: Endpapers, Title page
(* Click on the links next to the book titles to see the image. It’ll open a new page or tab. Also, if you go on the #gemina tag on Instagram, you’ll find more interior design.)
Vote for the Best Interior Design Here!
Vote for the Best Paperback Design!
Vote for the Biggest Letdown Cover Here!
NOTE: Click on the covers to see the series covers. (When you click on it, an image of the series covers will pop out.)
Vote for the Best Series Covers Here!
Vote for the Best Overall Photograph Here!
Vote for the Best Overall Cover Here!
At the end of the 2016 YA Book Cover Choice Awards, a lucky participant will win a copy of whatever 2016 YA book they want! Yayyyy.
- This giveaway is opened internationally.
- It will run from November 10 to December 13, 2016.
- You must be 13 years (with your parent’s permission) or older.
- You will be disqualified if you pick up entries you haven’t done.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
Vote for your favorite covers and win a 2016 YA book!
Did any of your nominations make it into the semi-finals round? What covers do you hope will move on to the final round? Remember to share this with your friends!