August was ARC August. September is not, but it’s another month of trying to catch up with my review copies TBR list. Whoo hoo.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN AUGUST|
In August, I wanted to read 13 books for ARC August, and I managed to read six of them! Better than I expected. I talk about it more on my ARC August: Success or Dud? post.
|PRIORITY SEPTEMBER READS|
- The Dire King by William Ritter (The conclusion to the Jackaby series! Eep!)
- Sourdough by Robin Sloan (Actually finished this in the wee morning. ABSOLUTELY LOVE. It’s about a woman in the tech industry who is gifted a sourdough starter, and when she bakes it, she learns its coming to life (of sorts.)
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust (Finished this too! Lovely fairytale that doesn’t follow traditional fairytale. These ladies—the stepmother and stepdaughter—love each other! I CRIES!)
- Frankenstein Dreams by Michael Sims (Lots of Victorian science fiction short stories! Yes!!!)
- Spinning by Tillie Walden (Graphic memoir about Tillie Walden + figure skating.)
- The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole by Michelle Cuevas (This seems like a cute MG + space love.)
- When I Cast Your Shadow by Sarah Porter (The dead + possession? Eeep.)
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu (GIRL REVOLUTION! RIOT!)
- Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore (What happens at Tu Reviens? I wanna know!)
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins (Scary movie-esque!)
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for June!