It’s 2018, and I’m finally in the mindset to set up my Too Much TBR.
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN JANUARY|
For the past two months, I forwent doing a Too Much TBR list because of my terrible reading slump. It felt nice not having a solid list of book I had to read. I managed to get 12 books read. 12!! That is frickin’ amazing. Yeah, majority of the books were actually graphic novels BUT I’m very proud.
My most notable January reads were:
- The Library at Mount Char: what a weird ass book. I am still unable to articulate what I read, and I love it.
- The Cruel Prince: I didn’t planned to read this because I’m not a big fan of faeries, BUT Jude is so fucking badass. I want to be her when I grow up.
- The Best We Could Do: This graphic memoir is so wonderful. It made me reflect of my own parent’s past and what they never told me.
- The Wicked + The Divine: This comic series will forever have me in awe. I’m doing a reread before I read volume 6, and these books are just as good as I remember. I have a lot of feelings of these bbs.
|PRIORITY FEBRUARY READS|
- Speak: The Graphic Novel: I’ve actually finished reading this (and the original), and goddamn, it’s frickin’ amazing.
- Is This Guy For Real?: The Unbelievable Andy Kaufman: I am a huge fan of Box Brown’s work. He always teaches me about interesting people I’ve heard about, but never really knew.
- The Prince and The Dressmaker: What is more awesome than a boy who loves to wear dresses? This is the first time I’ve seen a book approach a topic like this, and I’m excited to see how it deconstruct gender norms.
- Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World: I wnat to learn about all the badass ladies throughout history. My favorite time of the week is when Mackenzi tweets about a badass lady, and we get more in book form!
|FEBRUARY BOOKS I WANT TO READ|
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for February!