Uhhh, it’s a new year, and I have yet to get back on the reading horse. I did get a couple of review books read, so I guess I can count that as a win! But yet, I am still behind. Will I ever get on the reading train?
For those who do not know, Too Much TBR is a way to help me see which books I really need to read and tackle them. Is it effective? Perhaps. It helps a lot seeing a visual of the books on my TBR pile.
Let’s discuss what I read last month, and what I’m reading this month!
|BACK IN JANUARY|
I had wanted to read six books in January, and well, I read half of it?
- I finished Batgirl at Super Hero High and absolutely adored it. (How can I not especially since it’s all about Batgirl!)
- I attempted to read Life in a Fishbowl, but I couldn’t get through the first few pages because it made me think of my dad. :( I read the first chapter of Caraval, but put it down because I just wasn’t in the mood.
- I’m currently reading The Edge of Everything, which feels like I’ve been doing it forever, and ugh, this book is so slow and just not grabbing my attention.
|PRIORITY FEBRUARY READS|
It’s now February, and I’m gonna attempt to get through these six books:
- Wires and Nerve! A graphic novel about Iko! Yeeee. I’m so excited. (I really should reread/finish the Lunar Chronicles, but I’m not going to. Ha.)
- Traveler: Apprehensive about this book. I’m not a fan of YA romance, but I am a sucker for different realities. Hopefully I somewhat enjoy this.
- We Are Okay: Isn’t that cover so gorgeous? I adore Nina LaCour’s writing. It’s always so breathtaking.
- Piecing Me Together: I want this book to blow me away, and I know it will.
- The Time Museum: Graphic novel about kids time traveling throughout history? YES.
- The Hate U Give: I need this book in my life. When it comes out, I’m grabbing it off the shelf.
Note: All these books here do not account for other books that may slip into my TBR list (because mood reading will probably happen) nor of the comics I will be reading. I’m sure I missed other books I want to read this month too, but since I can’t remember, it must not be priority, right? Let’s hope I make a dent in my TBR books for February!